January 10, 2010

Our Trip to Virginia

Jay and I spent the first five days of 2010 venturing east to Charlottesville, Virginia. I was a bridesmaid (one of TEN!) in my friend Ruth's wedding. During the rest of our trip we did tourist-y things, like skiing, touring UVA's campus, and sight-seeing in Washington, DC. (And of course, watching our beloved Horned Frogs in the Fiesta Bowl, boohoo).

The windchill was -8 degrees, yikes! I was looking forward to returning home to much warmer DFW weather... but instead schools were cancelled the next day because of icy roads and windchill! This is obvious in the pictures, since all you can see of us most of the time is our eyes! Anyway, here are a few pics:

Ruth and me at the wedding... WOOHOO the dress stayed up!! =)


Jay and me at UVA's Rotunda


Skiing at Wintergreen


The Washington Monument from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial

1 comment:

  1. definitely looks cold; both you and the bride look fabulous! I am sure it was a beautiful wedding. Tell Ruth congrats from me and Adam. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete