December 16, 2009

Bathroom Overhaul

Well we're finally doing it! We have decided to have our master bathroom shower and tub retiled. We did the demo ourselves, and for the next few weeks our bathroom will be in disarray while being tiled.
The old tile was in pretty bad shape, which was even more obvious after finding tons of moisture and mold behind it! I was definitely grossed out. We are also raising the showerhead about a foot, so the water will no longer be spraying everywhere when Jay sticks his head under the stream.
So we're REALLY excited to have a new (slightly bigger) shower in a few weeks! Here are some pictures of the demo process and how it looks so far... more to come soon!


My video of demo day


Around the tub


The old shower walls


The new cement backerboard... looking better already!


The new tile and spacers, before grout

1 comment:

  1. I think my heart lept a little when I saw Jay. Tell him I miss him!

    ReplyDelete